LAX Avianca Cargo, Korean Air & China Airlines Policy
**IMPORTANT** LAX Airline cargo update, Free time and Storage
Avianca Cargo LAX began Mother’s Day Season on April 13th thru May 2nd, 2022. To ensure a successful season, it is imperative that you note the following policy:
1. Avianca Cargo kindly requests our customers to pick up perishable shipments no later than 2 hours after flight has cleared PPQ and dry cargo no later than 48hours.
2. The following Storage Policy applies to Perishables (Flowers, Fruit, Vegetables, Fish) and Dry Cargo.
• For any perishable shipments not picked up within the above time frame, Avianca Cargo will charge the following fee:
US$ 0.15 cents/kg per hour
• For any dry cargo not picked-up within the above time frame, Avianca Cargo will charge the following fee:
US$ 0.50 cents/kg per day
All fees must be paid at the time the shipment is picked up with any of the following payment methods: Paycargo (payable to Tampa Cargo Import), Cargo Spring, Debit or Credit. No exceptions will be allowed.
3. Dedicated doors will not be granted.
4. Trucks will not be allowed at either the Avianca Cargo parking lot or by the doors.
If you have any questions, please contact Avianca’s Customer Service Department at 786-265-3960 ext. 1584
China Airlines LAX doesn’t have a cooler or freezer and starts charging storage charges the day after arrival.
Korean Airlines LAX starts charging cooler fee after the 4th hour of arrival.
In addition to many airlines raising their Import Service fees and giving less free time a lot of them are also raising their storage fees significant with Qantas LAX being the highest at so far at $1/ kilo after the first day of arrival.
We encourage importers and trucking companies to track their import shipments https://www.utopiax.org/aircargotracking.html or https://www.track-trace.com/aircargo and recover from the airline on day of arrival or next day to avoid storage fees.
Please feel free to contact our air freight department at (310)322-4366 or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions