On August 15, 2016, we sent a newsletter about the final rule of consolidating the seafood permit under National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS). These three programs (TTVR, HMS and AMR) will now operate under a single International Fisheries Trade Permit (IFTP). This will take in effect on September 20, 2016 and we will not be able to process your shipment without it.
Just a reminder, those that already have an HMS or AMLR permit will get a letter any day now with a PAC code that will get them into the system to their information. Using that will extend their current permit to the new one without charge for a new permit.
Here is the process on how an importer can obtain the International Fisheries Trade Permit:
This step by step for the first part of the process should get applicants started;
• Make sure you are on this web:
• On the “User Information” page you will provide your name, email and will click on the drop down for “user type” which will be “seafood dealer or processor” and then pick a region (it shouldn’t matter which one) and create a user name
• After you complete that page the system will email you a temporary password
• Go back in to log in with the new temp password and create a new password with the user name you created and make sure that when you create a name and password that you click on the “accept terms” check box
• Once you submit that and are logged in, you should then see the screen with a list of permits and you will have the radial button on that to check. The IFTP is the first option for the International Trade – Imports and exports.
• Proceed from there.
Leave a Reply