Flegenheimer International, Inc., in partnership with our insurance partners, can provide cargo insurance to meet all logistics needs. We pride ourselves in our commitment to professionally handle your shipment and will do everything in our power to make sure your shipment is delivered in perfect condition.
You should be aware, however, that circumstances outside anyone’s control (including your Customs Broker) could result in damage to your shipment while in transit. We, therefore recommend you purchase All Risk Cargo Insurance to cover your shipment while in transit.
Your shipment should be insured for its full CIF value. Cost of goods-Insurance-freight, plus 10%. This will insure that you company’s total financial exposure is covered against any physical loss or damage during transit.
Please note that all transportation carriers limit their liability to amounts that simply won’t cover the full financial exposure involved with your shipment. For example:
- Domestic transportation carriers limit can be as low as .50 cents per lb.
- International Air Carriers limit is $20.00 per kilo
- International Ocean carriers limit is $500 per shipping unit
In certain circumstances these carriers may not take any liability for your shipment at all. For Example:
- The delivery receipt was signed clean.
- The loss was a result of an Act of God or strike or riot.
These are some highlights of obtaining “All Risk” cargo coverage:
- “All Risk” Cargo Coverage
- Covers from warehouse to warehouse
- Storage coverage Extensions are required
- Worldwide network of claim settling agents
- Negotiable insurance certificates as required by Letters of Credit
- A professional claims processing office who will represent you in the settlement of a claim
- Financially sound insurance carriers
- Claims control and risk management services through our insurance partner
- A claims processing computer system with full automation of cargo claim adjusting which will provide on-line service to access claim status and claim analysis reports
We can design a custom plan to ensure the most competitive rates and best available coverage. Coverage varies based on the type of commodity and points in which it is being shipped.
Contact us for help with your cargo insurance needs.