Why having the RIGHT Customs Broker is so critical for perishable importers
Unlike hard-goods freight, importers of perishable commodities face some difficult challenges today:
- Navigating the latest requirements from government agencies such as: FDA, USDA, Fish and Wildlife and US Customs.
- Moving freight faster due to its perishable nature and high value.
- Potential contingent liability as a result of a delayed entry.
- Increasing fuel and transportation costs.
- Complying with new logistic protocols as well as escalating perishable product compliance requirements.
- Dealing with heightened airport and seaport security issues which if not dealt with effectively cause delays and cargo value loss.
Flegenheimer International is one of the only Customs Brokers in the country that has specialized in handling perishable and sensitive commodities for over 30 Years!
The following are special services Flegenheimer offers which are critical to perishable importers:
- Careful handling of samples. While sample imports may be small, low-value shipments, Customs sees these as the same as other commercial imports. Proper handling can mean the difference between a lost opportunity and acquiring a multimillion dollar client.
- Dedicated Account Representatives. Most brokers use a “progressive system” which is like an assembly line. This means your staff may need to talk with 3, 4 or more people to check on the status of your shipment.
- 24/7 Availability. Flegenheimer has staff available to deal with issues 24 hours per day, seven days a week so your perishable commodities move faster to the client.
- Automated Tracking. We use a state-of-the-art automated tracking system that allows importers to know precisely what is happening with their shipment at every stage of the import process.
- 100% Quality Control System. Flegenheimer is one of the only brokers in the country that employs a 100% QC process which assures you will lessen and possibility of additional fees.
Contact us for help with your perishable shipments.