To our valued customers:
On January 7, 2019, we have received a notification from Fish & Wildlife Torrance Office updating the way they are taking appointments for live and perishable shipments. They are no longer taking appointments via e-mail. Instead, all appointments must be submitted via online form linked below and it will be added to their internal calendar.
Appointments for live and perishable shipments need to be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance (no exceptions). Flegenheimer International will need to be notified at least 48-72 hours prior shipment arrival including weekends to avoid delays and penalties. F&W is really cracking down and penalizing importers and brokers for late appointment notifications right now so please notify us with plenty of time to make an appointment.
Please give us a call: 310-322-4366 or e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can properly schedule an appointment with F&W.
These are the helpful tips provided to us by FWS Torrance Office:
• Any corrections that need to be made to previously scheduled appointments must be phoned in to the FWS Office.
• Appointments must be scheduled a minimum of two hours after the flight has landed.
• At least 48 hours’ notice must be given for live and perishable shipment.
• Call the day of between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. to confirm your appointment.
• Appointments are made in 30 min increments.
• Exports must be consigned to the airline at the time of the scheduled appointment.
• Our office is closed from 12-1 for lunch, no appointments will be scheduled during that time.
o The first afternoon shipment starts at 1:30 to allow the inspector time to get to LAX or the shipping facility.
• Any appointment scheduled before 9 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m. will incur overtime fees.
• Appointments scheduled at 3:30 p.m. may incur overtime fees.
FWS Torrance Office Appointment Form
If you do not import live and perishable shipments subject to Fish & Wildlife, this information will not be applied to you.